For our readers, customers and fans that didn’t receive this information via email, here is ZeroTurnaround GeekNews for Q4 2011. Feel free to Join the Rebellion.
Quick note: Estonia’s biggest Java conference, GeekOut 2012, has been planned for June 14-15th, and the first speakers to give talked there have been announced. If you have never been to Tallinn and want to see why it’s one of the best cities in Europe, come for a visit!
Over 50 million redeploys prevented…and counting
- JRebel Social 2.0 was released, featuring a new dashboard, social points and more!
- JRebel 4.5.3 was launched, improving JRebel with JBoss 7 and Weld/CDI, plus Hibernate 4
- A JRebel/Liferay Integration project has been activated, and there is even an update since then: You can now reload Liferay JSP Hooks without redeploying!
- JRebel-Gradle beta plugin was released, so now Gradle fans can generate the rebel.xml file needed to enable instant builds
- Learn how to make instantly visible change with JRebel to multi-module projects in IntelliJ
Let Continuous Delivery become your reality
- LiveRebel 1.2 is scheduled for a late-January release, so keep your eyes peeled…
- New features planned for LiveRebel 1.2 will include support for multiple upgrade strategies, including out-of-the-box rolling restarts
- Released a new milestone for the LiveRebel-Jenkins Deploy plugin
- The LiveRebel team doubled in size, so expect a lot more to come soon :-)
- LiveRebel’s current 90-day evaluation period is going to be cut shorter soon, so get your Continuous Deployment itch scratched now!
Stats, Data, Knowledge and Power
The most-read articles and posts of Q4…with a cherry on top
- Java Productivity Report: India vs. Rest of World
- JRebel vs. OSGi: Use the right tool for the right job
- JRebel 101: What JRebel is and how it makes Java development lightning fast
- Part 1 of the Java Reloading Classes series (5 parts in total)
- Smelly Communication: How the Suits should assign tasks to Geeks
Cheers to an excellent 2012!
The ZeroTurnaround Team