Hi folks. Jevgeni here, your friendly neighborhood startup founder and CEO.
Today we proudly announce the general availability of XRebel 1.0. XRebel was born over a year ago, in a brainstorm that I had with my co-founder Toomas Römer at a particularly boring conference session in Las Vegas. We spent a year researching, building and rebuilding to finally achieve the product that we are presenting now. We are extremely proud of the result – it incorporates feedback from hundreds of users and it started selling even before we officially launched it! How cool is that?
We call XRebel an “Interactive Profiler”. Unlike usual profilers that are meant to be used by performance experts in dedicated sessions, XRebel is meant to be used by everyone to prevent performance issues while code is being written. XRebel runs with your web application all the time, monitoring performance metrics and notifying you proactively when detecting an issue. It then displays an issue-focused view which lets you drill down into the problem and find the root cause right away.
In the first version, which we are announcing today, we focus on creating an amazing experience for discovering and fixing three key problems that were mentioned most often by our users: database issues, http session issues and hidden exceptions.
We are very thankful to over 500 of our active beta testers – their feedback made the final product significantly better. When asked if they liked the product, 97% said “Yes”. I’m still not sure what was wrong with the other 3% :)
Here are a few short quotes from them:
“XRebel is unbelievably cool” said Veit Weber, ULC GmbH.
“XRebel, take my money!” was tweeted by Federico Russo, Antea srl.
“XRebel is my profile buddy!” said Howard Rafal of Broad Institute.
Here’s a longer one from Petri Tuomaala, CTO of Elbit Oy:
We found some very interesting side-effects right away. The worst of those was some badly coded Hibernate which would generate over 700 database queries on some pages. We also found some surprisingly slow SQL, which should not have been that slow. The JSF memory footprint was a bad surprise – some beans were in the session that shouldn’t have been there.
The handful of developers below were our most active beta testers. We’d like to extend them our personal gratitude and recognize their contribution to the success of our product!
- Benno Markiewicz
- Howard Rafal
- Irina Ivanova
- Kevin Davis
- Markus Eisele
- Polina Morozova
- Roger F. Breakey
Like all ZeroTurnaround products, XRebel is free to evaluate for 14 days and can be bought online. The list price will be $365 per seat per year, but for another month (until the 12th of July) the 60% Early Adopter discount is available, making the current price just $146. Hurry up to evaluate and buy XRebel at this price – it’s a bargain!
Jevgeni Kabanov & the XRebel Team
Check out how much XRebel rocks, it’s free for two weeks!