Websphere: Startup in debug mode twice as slow with non-legacy agent

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support Websphere: Startup in debug mode twice as slow with non-legacy agent

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Valerie Avramenko 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Starting WebSphere in debug mode with JRebel’s non-legacy agent enabled is extremely slow. When using the old legacy agent it takes about 5 minutes (without JRebel it’s 4 minutes, so that’s okay), but with the “new” agent it takes twice as long.
    I’m using JRebel 7.0.7 and WebSphere 8.5.5.10. When measuring the startup times, I had no debug breakpoints set and even enabled “Skip all breakpoints” in Eclipse.
    How can I fix this?

Valerie Avramenko
    Rebel Staff

Hello Johannes!

Thanks a lot for letting us know! Delay is indeed oddly big! Could you please send your trace and performance level jrebel.log file after reproducing the issue to support@zeroturnaround.com with the link to this forum topic? To generate it just add -Drebel.log=trace -Drebel.log.dump_stack_traces=10 -Drebel.log.perf=true to your VM arguments, restart your server and reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
    Valerie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.