Webapp does n't work with JRebel

Forum on this website is being phased out. New threads or replies cannot be posted. Existing content remains available for now in read only mode. You can contact technical support at support@zeroturnaround.com.

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support Webapp does n't work with JRebel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rakeshrr 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rakeshrr

Hi
    I am using jrebel licensed copy with JSF application in Intellij Idea. Whenever I debug jsf rich faces application with jrebel, it continuously throws exception on RENDER KIT.
    org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.ViewNotFoundException: A view is required to execute INVOKE_APPLICATION

I wasted many days in debugging the issue. Later realized that issue with Jrebel. When I run in run/debug mode without jrebel, everything works fine. Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Rakesh

Hannes Metssalu
    Rebel Staff

Hey Rakesh,

Do you have any code snippets which would help me reproduce this issue? I tried reproducing it but everything seemed to work as intended. Also – please start your server with the additional argument -Drebel.log=trace and reproduce this issue once more.

The log of this session will be generated to {user.home}/.jrebel/jrebel.log, please send it to support@zeroturnaround.com along with all the other information.

Best,
    Hannes

rakeshrr

Can we have conference; so that I can share my screen to explain the problem.
    How can one send real application logs?

rakeshrr

Always gets below exception when I use jrebel.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.PartialViewContextImpl.getPartialResponseWriter(PartialViewContextImpl.java:361) ~[myfaces-impl-2.1.15.jar:2.1.15]
    at org.richfaces.context.ExtendedPartialViewContextImpl.getPartialResponseWriter(ExtendedPartialViewContextImpl.java:201) ~[richfaces-core-impl-4.3.7.Final.jar:4.3.7.Final]
    at org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.redirect(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:454) ~[myfaces-impl-2.1.15.jar:2.1.15]
    at javax.faces.context.ExternalContextWrapper.redirect(ExternalContextWrapper.java:388) ~[myfaces-api-2.1.15.jar:2.1.15]

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  rakeshrr.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘JRebel Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.