Serious problem with EAP 6.4.12 and EJB

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support Serious problem with EAP 6.4.12 and EJB

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joonas Vali 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

akunze

Dear Support Team,

we have updated our JBoss EAP Servers to version 6.4.12 and now we have serious problems with changes in EJB’s.

I’am using Eclipse 4.6.0 (Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 10.1) and JRebel 6.5.2.

In my web application I’am using CDI Bean controller (DeltaSpike) which are including EJB’s. If I change something simple like a new log statement in an EJB, the reloading of the EJB will be showed in the console. But if I invoke the EJB after JRebel reloading I get an exception and the EJB is not usable. It seems its the same problem like that one:
    https://zeroturnaround.com/forums/topic/jrebel-not-working-at-jboss-eap-6-4-11-3/

For me and my colleagues JRebel is not usable anymore, please provide me a solution asap.

Thats my Exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
    at org.jboss.msc.value.InjectedValue.getValue(InjectedValue.java:47)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ManagedReferenceFieldInjectionInterceptorFactory.create(ManagedReferenceFieldInjectionInterceptorFactory.java:59)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.AbstractComponentConfigurator$1.create(AbstractComponentConfigurator.java:39)
    at org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptorFactory.create(ChainedInterceptorFactory.java:52)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.BasicComponent.createInterceptors(BasicComponent.java:235)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.BasicComponent.waitForComponentStart(BasicComponent.java)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ViewService$View.invoke(ViewService.java:184)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ViewDescription$1.processInvocation(ViewDescription.java:185)
    at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288)
    at org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61)
    at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(ProxyInvocationHandler.java:73)
    at de.dakosy.pcs.prise.biz.services.hvcc.ntk.NtkPriseDataService$$$view95.findPriseDataByArrival(Unknown Source)
    at de.dakosy.pcs.prise.web.controller.hvcc.ntk.NtkFolder2BerthAnnoController.prepareBerthAnnoDialog(NtkFolder2BerthAnnoController.java:83)
    at de.dakosy.pcs.prise.web.controller.hvcc.ntk.NtkFolder2BerthAnnoController$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.prepareBerthAnnoDialog(NtkFolder2BerthAnnoController$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2286.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:258)
    at org.apache.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:278)
    at org.jboss.weld.util.el.ForwardingMethodExpression.invoke(ForwardingMethodExpression.java:40)
    at org.jboss.weld.el.WeldMethodExpression.invoke(WeldMethodExpression.java:50)
    at com.sun.faces.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.java:105)
    at com.sun.faces.facelets.el.ContextualCompositeMethodExpression.invoke(ContextualCompositeMethodExpression.java:192)
    at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:87)
    … 40 more

Joonas Vali
    Rebel Staff

Hi,

Please try updating JRebel to the nightly build (7.0.5-SNAPSHOT): https://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/download/nightly-build/

akunze

Hi,

is JRebel version 7.0.5-snapshot compatible with Eclipse 4.6.0?

Joonas Vali
    Rebel Staff

Hi,
    Yes, it is. Just to confirm that the issue is fixed, you can download the standalone agent and switch it in the existing Eclipse plugin as described in:
    https://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/download/nightly-build/

This way the JRebel Eclipse plugin stays the same and only JRebel Agent changes, but it is recommended that you update the plugin aswell. (Eclipse marketplace might handle it for you.)

akunze

Hi,

thank you for your new version. I will check it out asap.

akunze

Ok, after a couple of tests I can confirm that reloading of EJB’s seems to work again.
    Thank you for your quick help. What do you think, when will be a release version available?

Joonas Vali
    Rebel Staff

Hi, glad that it works. it will be released in the end of month most likely.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.