Remote debugging using IntelliJ with JRebel plugin very slow

Forum on this website is being phased out. New threads or replies cannot be posted. Existing content remains available for now in read only mode. You can contact technical support at support@zeroturnaround.com.

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support Remote debugging using IntelliJ with JRebel plugin very slow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Valerie Avramenko 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mmelamed

I am supporting a very large/complex application which is running in Tomcat 7. When using JRebel to remote debug, when I initially launch the app, everything works fine. For many hours, it works. Then as I start making changes to the code and to resynchronize, the debugging begins to slow down drastically. At some point it becomes so slow as to no longer be useful (for example, stepping over one line of code could take 15 seconds).

Is there anything I can do to resolve this debug slow down issue? This issue is preventing me from using JRebel.

I have tried some of the suggestions (disable Groovy Hotspot, loading the nightly build of JRebel) but nothing has worked to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Valerie Avramenko
    Rebel Staff

Hello!

Could you please send your trace and performance level jrebel.log file after reproducing the issue to support@zeroturnaround.com with the link to this forum topic? To generate it just add -Drebel.log=trace -Drebel.log.dump_stack_traces=10 -Drebel.log.perf=true to your VM arguments, restart your server and wait for it to become that dramatically slow.

Just to clarify – how long does it usually take for you to step over a code line while debugging?

Kind regards,
    Valerie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘JRebel Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.