PID file location

Forum on this website is being phased out. New threads or replies cannot be posted. Existing content remains available for now in read only mode. You can contact technical support at support@zeroturnaround.com.

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums License Server PID file location

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Colton Sablinsky 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Pete Ryland

Hi,

Is it possible to specify the location of the pidfile? Because I can’t see how to specify the pidfile location, I can’t run the licence server from a read-only filesystem, which is generally considered good practice. It would also be nice if I didn’t have to use symlinks to get around the same issue with the data and logs directories.

Thanks and best regards,
    Pete

Colton Sablinsky

Hi Pete,

So there are two ways that you can handle this situation.

1. You can opt to ignore the license-server.sh script altogether and instead start the license server with the command “java -jar /PATH/TO/LICENSE/SERVER/lib/license-server.jar”. When manually starting the license server in this way the PID file, logs, and data will be created in the current active directory.

2.You can set the location where the PID file will be generated either via the JVM argument ‘-Dpidfile.path=/NEW/PATH/ls.pid’ or via the license server properties file using the flag ‘pidfile.path=/NEW/PATH/ls.pid’. (If needed you can also set the log and data directory in a similar fashion using ‘rebel.ls.logDir=PATH/TO/LOGS/DIR/’ and ‘rebel.ls.dataDir=/PATH/TO/DATA/DIR’.

Let me know if these options work for you.

One other thing worth mentioning is that we now have a hosted licensing model that you can migrate to free of charge. This removes the strain of your team having to upkeep the on premise license server. If you are interested you can find more information here.

Colton

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘License Server’ is closed to new topics and replies.