I’m about to move the Licensing Server to a new Linux server. I find lot of useful guidance in the documentation but I really miss a section for how to move the server. My approach will be the following and I’d like to hear your comments on this.
1. Upgrade current Licensing server to latest version
2. Install Licensing Server on the new server
3. Ask developers to ask for a Offline key to use during the migration
4. Close the old instance
5. Run a backup on the old instance
6. Restore the backup on the new instance
7. Activate the new instance using the .lic file
Is there some benefits of moving the distribution directory between the servers instead of running a clean install + db restore?
Or is there an even better way, where the developers won’t be affected?