jrebel password

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support jrebel password

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Meelis 5 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lhenrique01

Hello, I configured jrebel in my vps, but the option to put a password on the connection is not working.

I am using the following command:

“java -jar jrebel.jar -set-remote-password my_password”

It appears that the password has been successfully changed, however the connection only works without a password, if I enter password says that the password is incorrect.

Meelis

Hi,

The password configuration will be saved under REBEL_BASE which will default to the .jrebel folder under the current user home.
    If your server is running under a different user, make sure to specify the correct REBEL_BASE when setting the password, e.g.
    java -Drebel.base=/home/serveruser/.jrebel -jar jrebel.jar -set-remote-password pw

lhenrique01

Sorry, it did not work.

I am start my server with args:

$JAVA -Xms$INITIAL_MEMORY -Xmx$MAXIMUM_MEMORY -Drebel.remoting_port=54555 -agentpath:/home/user_test/jrebel/lib/libjrebel64.so -Drebel.remoting_plugin=true -jar $SERVER_LOCATION/$SERVER_JAR $SERVER_ARGS

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  lhenrique01.

Meelis

Hi,

In that case can you send the jrebel.log from the remote server and the jrebel-[ide].log from the local machine. Hopefully it will provide a better overview of why the password settings are not taking effect.

You can send the logs to support@zeroturnaround.com
    Make sure to zip them beforehand and provide a link to this forum thread just in case.

Meelis

We haven’t received an email with the logs so far so I’m assuming you were able to work out the configuration? Let us know if this is not the case.

If the connection only works without password then it means the “set-password” command did not run with the same .jrebel(REBEL_BASE) folder as the agent running on the server is using. The logs will help determine which folder was used in the server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.