JRebel causing NPE in Eclipse debugger?

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support JRebel causing NPE in Eclipse debugger?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chaney 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

chaney

JRebel version 7.1.5.RELEASE

I am getting an error dialog most of the time when I hit a breakpoint and when I step through code. I see this in my Eclipse log:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.util.DebuggerIntegration.isReloadableClass(DebuggerIntegration.java:279)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRVirtualMachine.detectReloadableTypeGriffin(JRVirtualMachine.java:382)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRVirtualMachine.detectReloadableType(JRVirtualMachine.java:363)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRVirtualMachine.isReloadableType(JRVirtualMachine.java:344)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRReferenceType.init(JRReferenceType.java:64)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRReferenceType.changeFields(JRReferenceType.java:89)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRReferenceType.allFields(JRReferenceType.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.InterfaceTypeImpl$$$jr.allFields(<generated>:60000)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRReferenceType._allFields(JRReferenceType.java:604)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jdi.JRReferenceType.allFields(JRReferenceType.java:154)
    at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.ClassTypeImpl$$$jr.allFields(<generated>:60000)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIValue.getVariablesList(JDIValue.java:261)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIValue.hasVariables(JDIValue.java:481)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.VariableContentProvider.hasChildren(VariableContentProvider.java:65)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.variables.JavaVariableContentProvider.hasChildren(JavaVariableContentProvider.java:93)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider.updateHasChildren(ElementContentProvider.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.model.elements.ElementContentProvider$3.run(ElementContentProvider.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

ristoparnapuu
    Rebel Staff

Hi,

The issue you are seeing should be fixed in our latest JRebel plugin nightly build that can be downloaded from “here”:https://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/download/nightly-build/.

Let me know if you are still experiencing the issue after using the nightly build.

chaney

Looks better on the nightly build. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.