JRebel and JDK 8 – Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both…

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support JRebel and JDK 8 – Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MikePalfrey 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MikePalfrey

Hi,

I’m using JDK 1.8.0_66 on a Mac running OS X El Capitan.

I’ve enabled the javaagent for JRebel with the following:

-javaagent:"%JREBEL_HOME%/jrebel.jar=de.hybris.tomcat.HybrisWebappClassLoader60" -Xbootclasspath/p:%JREBEL_BOOTCACHE%/hybris/rebelboot.jar

JREBEL_HOME refers to the jrebel/lib directory under my JRebel installation.

Upon starting my application I’m seeing:

JVM exited while loading the application.
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
    objc[26965]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_66.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java and /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_66.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libinstrument.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    Error occurred during initialization of VM
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java.lang.Class.getClassLoader0()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;
    	<<no stack trace available>>

Has anyone seen this issue before? Removing the javaagent (so disabling JRebel) results in the app starting OK.

Cheers,

Mike

MikePalfrey

If anyone else gets this issue – the fix was to delete the rebelboot.jar file and restart my application.

This solved the issue for me.

bestxu

Hi,

Iā€™m using JDK jdk1.8.0_121 on a Mac running OS X El Capitan.

IDE: IntellJ Idea

when I use jrebel run the tomcat in debug , it always show:

objc[9214]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java (0x10eb9b4c0) and /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libinstrument.dylib (0x10ecc64e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.`

bestxu

what should I do?

Valerie Avramenko
    Rebel Staff

Hello!

This is just a notification, it shouldn’t break anything so don’t worry about it :) Does everything else work with JRebel?

Kind regards,
    Valerie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.