JRebel and JDK 8 – Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both…

Forum on this website is being phased out. New threads or replies cannot be posted. Existing content remains available for now in read only mode. You can contact technical support at support@zeroturnaround.com.

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support JRebel and JDK 8 – Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MikePalfrey 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MikePalfrey

Hi,

I’m using JDK 1.8.0_66 on a Mac running OS X El Capitan.

I’ve enabled the javaagent for JRebel with the following:

-javaagent:"%JREBEL_HOME%/jrebel.jar=de.hybris.tomcat.HybrisWebappClassLoader60" -Xbootclasspath/p:%JREBEL_BOOTCACHE%/hybris/rebelboot.jar

JREBEL_HOME refers to the jrebel/lib directory under my JRebel installation.

Upon starting my application I’m seeing:

JVM exited while loading the application.
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0
    objc[26965]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_66.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java and /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_66.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libinstrument.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    Error occurred during initialization of VM
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java.lang.Class.getClassLoader0()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;
    	<<no stack trace available>>

Has anyone seen this issue before? Removing the javaagent (so disabling JRebel) results in the app starting OK.

Cheers,

Mike

MikePalfrey

If anyone else gets this issue – the fix was to delete the rebelboot.jar file and restart my application.

This solved the issue for me.

bestxu

Hi,

I’m using JDK jdk1.8.0_121 on a Mac running OS X El Capitan.

IDE: IntellJ Idea

when I use jrebel run the tomcat in debug , it always show:

objc[9214]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java (0x10eb9b4c0) and /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libinstrument.dylib (0x10ecc64e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.`

bestxu

what should I do?

Valerie Avramenko
    Rebel Staff

Hello!

This is just a notification, it shouldn’t break anything so don’t worry about it :) Does everything else work with JRebel?

Kind regards,
    Valerie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘JRebel Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.