JRebel, XRebel and Intellij 2017.3

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support JRebel, XRebel and Intellij 2017.3

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tiit Oja 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

geoknr

I am getting errors trying to use JRebel and XRebel with the newly released Intellij 2017.3.

I get this error when trying to start my project with JRebel.
    Could not find agent library /var/folders/8s/jcq3hqc9741_qjt15y2zh7jh0000gn/T/jrebel6-temp/lib/libjrebel32.dylib in absolute path, with error: dlopen(/var/folders/8s/jcq3hqc9741_qjt15y2zh7jh0000gn/T/jrebel6-temp/lib/libjrebel32.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /var/folders/8s/jcq3hqc9741_qjt15y2zh7jh0000gn/T/jrebel6-temp/lib/libjrebel32.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
    /private/var/folders/8s/jcq3hqc9741_qjt15y2zh7jh0000gn/T/jrebel6-temp/lib/libjrebel32.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

I also had to remove the xrebel.jar from my VM options before I could get the project to run. The error I get for XRebel.
    XRebel: Starting logging to file: /Users/kbeckstrand/.xrebel/xrebel.log
    Exception in thread “main” FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent failed
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: class redefinition failed: attempted to add a method
    Disconnected from server
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.redefineClasses0(Native Method)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.redefineClasses(InstrumentationImpl.java:170)
    at com.zeroturnaround.xrebel.bootstrap.f.a(XRebel:142)
    at com.zeroturnaround.xrebel.bootstrap.k.a(XRebel:24)
    at com.zeroturnaround.xrebel.bootstrap.n.a(XRebel:57)
    at com.zeroturnaround.xrebel.bootstrap.AgentMain.premain(XRebel:67)
    … 6 more
    Disconnected from the target VM, address: ‘127.0.0.1:64958’, transport: ‘socket’

Any guidance would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  geoknr.

roboman

I saw the following error with the new version of Intellij

FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent failed
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.__invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl._jrLoadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
    at com.zeroturnaround.jrebelbase.reorder.a.invoke(SourceFile:85)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndCallPremain(InstrumentationImpl.java:401)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: class redefinition failed: attempted to add a method
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.redefineClasses(InstrumentationImpl.java:170)
    … 10 more
    Exception in thread “main” Disconnected from the target VM, address: ‘127.0.0.1:64041’, transport: ‘socket’

geoknr

I was able to get JRebel working by uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. XRebel is still a no go and I have the latest 3.4.1 version.

xenakisitm

Same problem with XRebel 3.4.1 on macOS 10.12.6, jdk1.8.0_121.jdk and IntelliJ 2017.3, Wildfly 10.1

Only in debug Mode

I go back to IntelliJ 2017.2.5, and it works fine.

Connected to the target VM, address: ‘127.0.0.1:53367’, transport: ‘socket’
    XRebel: Starting logging to file: /Users/itmxen01/.xrebel/xrebel.log
    FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent failed
    Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at sun.instrument.InstrumentationImpl.loadClassAndStartAgent(InstrumentationImpl.java:386)
    … 6 more

Tiit Oja
    Rebel Staff

Hello,

Thank you for all the reports about this issue.

This XRebel issue seems to be caused by the IntelliJ’s new debugging feature which enables capturing stacktraces asynchronously whilst debugging. To accomplish it, IntelliJ implicitly prepends an instrumenting javaagent to the JVM arguments of the debuggable application. This might cause several difficulties for the XRebel’s javaagent instrumentation

Currently, a quick workaround would be to disable the IntelliJ’s debugger instrumenting agent by navigating to File -> Settings -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Debugger -> Async Stacktraces in IntelliJ and unticking the Instrumenting agent checkbox.

We will definitely investigate this issue further and will keep you posted when there are updates regarding this.

All the best,
    Tiit

xenakisitm

Thanks for your help. It works for me.

Tiit Oja
    Rebel Staff

Hello,

This issue has been fixed in the latest 3.4.4 release of XRebel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.