JBoss AS 7.1.0 final with debugging and JRebel dies

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support JBoss AS 7.1.0 final with debugging and JRebel dies

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tiit Oja 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello All,

I added the following to the standalone.sh script to enable debugging and JRebel (Same flags as I use for Jboss 5.1.0 which works fine)

export JAVA_OPTS=”-Xmx768m -noverify -javaagent:/Applications/ZeroTurnaround/JRebel-4.5.3/jrebel.jar -Drebel.trace.log=true -Drebel.wicket_plugin=true -XX:PermSize=256M -Xdebug -Xrunansport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y,address=8787″

JBoss dies with a segmentation fault:

ERROR: transport error 202: connect failed: Connection refused

Invalid memory access of location 0x0 rip=0x7fff88a515f0

./standalone.sh: line 178: 31708 Segmentation fault: 11 “/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home//bin/java” -D”[Standalone]” -server -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx768m -noverify -javaagent:/Applications/ZeroTurnaround/JRebel-4.5.3/jrebel.jar -Drebel.trace.log=true -Drebel.wicket_plugin=true -XX:PermSize=256M -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=n,suspend=y,address=8787 “-Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file=/Users/novotny/Software/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/standalone/log/boot.log” “-Dlogging.configuration=file:/Users/novotny/Software/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/standalone/configuration/logging.properties” -jar “/Users/novotny/Software/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/jboss-modules.jar” -mp “/Users/novotny/Software/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/modules” -jaxpmodule javax.xml.jaxp-provider org.jboss.as.standalone -Djboss.home.dir=”/Users/novotny/Software/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final”

Help me out!

Thanks!

Tiit Oja
    Rebel Staff

Hi,

By looking at the path from which JRebel attached from, it seems as you’re using the 4.5.3 version of JRebel?

Could you please verify whether the same issue happens with the latest version of JRebel?

If so, could you please send us the hs_err_pid crash dump file to support@zeroturnaround.com. It’ll provide us a bit more information about this segfault.

All the best,
    Tiit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.