Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : ${env.REBEL_HOME}/jrebel.jar

ZeroTurnaround Homepage Forums JRebel Support Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : ${env.REBEL_HOME}/jrebel.jar

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eric Nguyen 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eric Nguyen

I’m trying to build my project with maven and JRebel.

The command I ran is:
    mvn -Pcargo.run -Djrebel -Dcargo.jvm.args='-Dwicket.configuration=development'

The log is:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] objc[38484]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/bin/java and /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_25.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libinstrument.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : ${env.REBEL_HOME}/jrebel.jar
    [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Error occurred during initialization of VM
    [INFO] [talledLocalContainer] agent library failed to init: instrument

I suppose I need to set up the REBEL_HOME environment variable.
    But how?

At the moment, the following outputs nothing:
    echi $REBEL_HOME

Bram Inniger

Hi Eric!

I think the easiest way is to simply supply it together with the command you run.
    For this explaining I assume “jrebel.jar” is to be found under “/opt/jrebel”, you should obviously change this to the correct path on your machine.
    Then the command to run should be this:

REBEL_HOME=”/opt/jrebel”; mvn -Pcargo.run -Djrebel -Dcargo.jvm.args=’-Dwicket.configuration=development’

Alternatively you can edit “$M2_HOME/bin/mvn” and add the REBEL_HOME environment variable there, or you can set it in either “$HOME/.bashrc” or “$HOME/.profile”, depending on how you run the command (just make sure the shell running it is aware of the env variables).

Does this help?
    Bram

Eric Nguyen

Sure, thank you for your help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.