Product Updates, Company News & Fun
It’s time for another issue of ZeroTurnaround GeekNews. This update covers all the cookies and cream from April to June of 2012. See what you missed!
“JRebel works so well you don’t even notice it’s there…but you definitely notice when it’s not. Nailed it!” – Jeremy, Marketing Director
- Top Story JRebel 5 released, now fighting redeploys locally and remotely…read the release notes
- JRebel Remoting leaves “Beta town”, joined by new PaaS friend Jelastic….try JRebel with Jelastic in the cloud
- JRebel for Eclipse got upgraded and now features a new configuration wizard for getting started easier…check it out on the Eclipse Marketplace
- We launched myJRebel, a new platform that makes managing JRebel licenses easier. Currently supporting Scala, OSS and JRebel Social licenses (more soon!)…try out myJRebel
“LiveRebel is simple – you roll it out, then roll it right back again” – Aaron, Account Executive
- Top Story import Continuous.Delivery.;*, a talk by Jevgeni Kabanov featuring LiveRebel, was delivered in 4 countries in 3 months…watch the full 1-hour video from GeekOut 2012
- Atlassian and ZeroTurnaround got together and launched a LiveRebel-Bamboo plugin…at one point described it like a Ferrari wrapped in bacon.
- LiveRebel 2.0.7 released with new look and feel – download today
Stats, Data, Knowledge and Power
“I can do, like, 13 cartwheels. Maybe 14.” – Toomas, Director of Engineering
- Top Story Developer Productivity Report 2012: 30+ pages of tools, tech, interviews and hacking the developer mind – if you didn’t see our largest research project to date then…well…I’m pretty sure you’ll like it :-) Download now
- Our fearless leader Jevgeni wrote an article called “Hack Yourself to Prevent Procrastination and Information Overload” about managing yourself, and your work, under constant duress…read the piece that made me turn off email notifications from my phone (temporarily!)
- How to use Jenkins for Job Chaining and Visualizations: Jenkins and LiveRebel have been getting along quite well for some time, so we prepared a quick how-to…read more
GeekOut – the Java Tech Conference by Geeks
We held GeekOut 2012 in Tallinn, Estonia, June 14-15 and it rocked. Here are some quick stats comparing this year with last year:
|Days / Tracks||2 / 2||1 / 1|
|Food and Beer||More now ;-)||A lot then|
Doubling in size in almost every aspect since 2011 is no easy task – but we’re gonna try to do the same thing next year, plus keep on the lookout for GeekOut 2013 to maybe even to show up in other countries too…. ;-)
That’s all the ZT GeekNews that’s fit to print…talk to you next quarter, if not earlier!